Two new Cameras are currently being displayed on the Canon Web Site, but no press release has appeared yet announcing them.
Canon Powershot SD960 IS
The site shows it will be available in April 2009, with the following features: 12.1 Megapixel resolution with a 28mm wide-angle 4x Optical Zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilizer.
- HD movie shooting capability plus HDMI output for easy playback of video and photos on your HDTV.
- Large 2.8-inch PureColor LCD II widescreen and wide viewing angle.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 18 predefined shooting situations.
- New Active display technology for quickly switching between images during playback with a shake of the camera.
- Four elegant, sophisticated colors with a new easy to use button configuration.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor has evolved Face Detection Technology that tracks the faces of moving subjects and lets the shooter enter the frame seamlessly with the Face Detection Self-timer.
Detailed Specs can be found at the site.
Canon Powershot SD780 IS
The SD 780 was actually removed from the website as I am typing this, and is no longer accessible (didn't have chance to grab an image). It does however still show up in their comparison tool, as you can see above.
Specs look virtually identical to the SD960 IS, except it only has a 3x zoom, a 2.5" LCD, and is 30 grams lighter.
Just checked again, and now they are both gone from the compare tool.
We'll keep an eye out for the official announcement.
Source: Canon on 2/17/2009.